Carotene is a Real-Time Publish/Subscribe server over Websockets. It can be used in different scenarios such as push notifications, chats, collaborative apps, IoT or gaming.
- Transport using Websockets with fallback to long-polling.
- Ability to authenticate and authorise users.
- Ability to republish to Redis or RabbitMQ queues.
- Simple interoperability with HTTP based apps.
- Simplicity of use.
In this post we will see how to handle 100k connections in a commodity server (a t2.medium Amazon EC2 instance) and will benchmark other use-case scenarios.
- A better PubSub with Redis in Erlang
- My Vim configuration
- Sudoku in AngularJS
- DeSymfony 2013
- My talk at SunshinePHP 2013
- La Brisca
- DeSymfony 2012
- sf2vigo 2011
- Desymfony 2011
- Writing a new Doctrine2 extension
- Playing with Node.js
- Hint to avoid memory exhausted error (symfony + doctrine1.2)
- De vuelta de las Jornadas Symfony
- Automating the creation of new symfony 1.4 projects (doctrine + git)
- List & Check, an open source symfony project